Please note that this course is delivered virtually on a public basis. We can also arrange closed courses (either in the classroom or virtual) for your organisation, if you have a group of colleagues who wish to attend training together. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 7549 2549 or email us at email@example.com
Key Learning Points
- Gaining an overview of the criminal justice system and criminal prosecution
- Understanding the Criminal Procedure Rules, the legal framework and codes of practice
- Understanding the role and duties of the expert witness in the criminal justice system
- Differentiating between different types of evidence, including oral, documentary and real evidence and issues relating to the admissibility of hearsay and evidence of bad character
- Distinguishing between facts, inferences and opinion
Criminal Law and Procedure - overview
As an expert witness involved in criminal proceedings in England and Wales, you need to understand the basics of law and legal procedure. This helps you work effectively and confidently, and to comply with mandatory requirements.
In this structured training course, you’ll consider the practical implications of your duties and responsibilities to the court as set out in Part 19 of the Criminal Procedure Rules 2015.
You’ll also learn the essentials of disclosure, continuity of evidence and how to maintain professional objectivity and impartiality.
The Digital Hub
Upon booking your place on one of our courses, you will be given exclusive access to the Bond Solon Digital Hub, which will provide you with the following benefits:
- Access and download all of the information you need for your course
- Receive web and email notifications reminding you of any pre-course work to complete prior to attending the course
- Access a range of news, insights and practical resources directly relevant to your expert witness work
- Be alerted to changes in law and procedure that directly affect your expert witness work
- Access updated materials for the courses you have already attended
- Important Information for Expert Witnesses with Forthcoming Hearings
If you wish to count this course towards the Cardiff University Bond Solon Criminal Expert Witness Certificate, please note that (if not already paid) an additional marking and accreditation fee will apply. Please call 020 7549 2549 for details.
Due to VAT regulations, if you are booking outside the UK, please contact the office.