Please note that this course is now being delivered virtually on a public basis and we can do the same with closed courses for individual organisations and their staff. Our virtual classrooms are easy to navigate with instant access to face-to-face real time learning. The technology includes group conversation, online polls, interactive white boards as well as break out room functionality. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 7549 2549 or email us at email@example.com
Key Learning Points
- Effectively planning and preparing for different types of interviews
- Different questioning techniques and when to use them
- How to structure interviews
- Maximising the impact of disclosing evidence before and during the interview
- Different types of interviews, including dealing with suspects and non suspects
- Dealing effectively with solicitors, trade-union representatives, silences and selective answering
- Handling inconsistencies in the account given by the interviewee and with other available evidence
- Balancing the investigator’s powers with the individual’s rights
- Role-play of fact-finding, witness and/or suspect interviews
Investigative Interviewing - overview
Many professionals are required to conduct interviews in situations where the information obtained may be vital evidence in later proceedings.
Failure to conduct these interviews properly may result in evidence being inadmissible, unreliable or without weight. It may adversely affect the fairness of any subsequent legal hearing.
This Investigative Interviewing course will provide you with the key skills to interview witnesses, obtain witness statements and interview suspects effectively and to best-practice standards, enabling you to maximise the evidence you gain during such interviews.
The Investigative Interviewing training course can count towards the 8-day nationally recognised qualification - the Advanced Professional Certificate In Investigative Practice - or towards the 2-day Advanced Award in Investigative Interviewing.
Due to VAT regulations, if you are booking outside the UK, please contact the office.