Our investigatory powers training covers a number of courses which examine the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA) 2000 and the Investigatory Powers Act (IPA) 2016 and their equivalents for other jurisdictions such as RIPSA in Scotland or RIPL for the Channel Islands. We work across the whole spectrum of organisations that require training in these areas.
In a Local Authority the RIPA Monitoring Officer performs a crucial role in managing the RIPA system, quality assuring applications and ensuring that the required reviews, renewals and cancellations are submitted in a timely fashion.
Key Learning Points:
- What are the key roles in the RIPA process including the RIPA Monitoring Officer?
- What does a good application look like?
- What comments should the RIPA Monitoring Officer make to the Authorising Officer?
- How to quality assure an application
- What systems are required for the RIPA Monitoring Officer?