Masterclass in Courtroom Skills - overview
This advanced masterclass is designed for expert witnesses who have already attended the Courtroom Skills course two or more years ago.
It is important that experts’ training is up to date and relevant. Your expert witness skills and knowledge can be lost over time if they’re not refreshed and practised regularly. In addition, rules and conventions of expert evidence have changed in the last few years, and are likely to continue changing.
You’ll be part of a small group undertaking this training, which includes a brief refresher of key courtroom skills.
The trainer, an experienced lawyer, will then cross-examine each delegate on a report they’ve submitted before the training and provide feedback enabling delegates to gain in confidence and competency when giving expert evidence in court and other legal forums.
This practical course is designed to enhance your oral evidence giving skills.
Key Learning Points
- Understand recent developments in legislation, procedures, practices and case law
- How to test your own evidence
- Build a relationship of trust with the judge
- How to use your report in the witness box
- How to get to the core of your evidence and clarify the issues in dispute
- Demonstrate effective ways to withstand lawyers’ cross-examination techniques in order to give clear and confident oral evidence in the witness box
- Give evidence to best practice standards
The Digital Hub
When you book a place on this public course, you will be given free access to the Bond Solon Digital Hub, our new resource for expert witnesses. Find out more.
Due to VAT regulations, if you are booking outside the UK, please contact the office.