On 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force. This new regulation is one of the biggest shakeup of personal data privacy rules since the birth of the internet.
Does GDPR affect expert witnesses?
Yes – all expert witnesses, as an individual or part of an organisation, need to be GDPR compliant. Every expert witness who processes personal data as part of their work will be more accountable to individuals and to the Information Commissioner.
What does GDPR mean for expert witnesses?
The GDPR introduces a new principle of accountability. This means an expert must both comply with GDPR and be able to demonstrate compliance. Policies need to be put into place and implemented now.
What may happen if you do not comply with GDPR?
- Solicitors may not instruct you as compliance is mandatory.
- You may face sanctions including heavy fines and you may be sued.
- You may suffer significant reputational damage.
About the GDPR for Expert Witnesses Toolkit
In collaboration with top solicitor and subject matter expert Mariel Irvine, Bond Solon has created the GDPR for Expert Witnesses Toolkit. This will:
- Help you understand what the General Data Protection Regulations means to you as an expert witness
- Provide you with tools you are most likely to need to comply with the GDPR
This toolkit includes:
- Introduction Video - What does GDPR mean for expert witnesses?
- Video lecture series - GDPR in three parts which cover the key requirements of GDPR
2. Templates for documents you will need:
Contract terms for data processors | Data breach policy| Data protection policy | Data subject request policy | GDPR contract clauses with solicitors and others who instruct you| Privacy notice template | Security policy template
3. Resources you can refer to:
- ICO Guide to GDPR
- Video lectures - power point slides
4. Knowledge Check
- Knowledge assessment - multi-choice questionnaire to self-check your knowledge
- Certificate of completion
Number of learning hours: 3 hours
Delivery: GDPR for Expert Witnesses Toolkit will be supplied in digital format.
Important Note – To purchase the GDPR for Expert Witnesses Toolkit via our website, please follow the steps below:
Field 1. Check Availability - Select Online
Field 2. Select a date - Select any date from the list
Please note that this is not the starting date of your online course. This step enables you to be redirected to the Bond Solon online basket where you will be able to confirm your purchase.
Once we have received confirmation of your online booking, you will be given access within two working days to our Bond Solon e-learning platform that hosts the GDPR for Expert Witnesses toolkit online course. You will then be able to study at your own pace in your own time.
Alternatively please call us on 020 7549 2549 to purchase the GDPR for Expert Witnesses Toolkit.