Please note that this course is now being delivered virtually on a public basis and we can do the same with closed courses for individual organisations and their staff. Our virtual classrooms are easy to navigate with instant access to face-to-face real time learning. The technology includes group conversation, online polls, interactive white boards as well as break out room functionality. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 7549 2549 or email us at email@example.com
Key Learning Points
- Understanding the role of the expert witness
- Applying essential law and procedure in children’s cases
- Identifying the stages in public and private law children’s disputes
- Learning about types of evidence, including oral, documentary and real evidence
- Differentiating between facts, assumption, inferences and opinion
Family Law and Procedure - overview
As an expert witness involved in family law matters in England and Wales, you need to understand the basics of law and legal procedure. This helps you work effectively and confidently, and to comply with mandatory requirements.
In this structured training course, you’ll learn the legal principles in children’s cases, the different types of evidence and admissibility, and the impact of the Human Rights Act. You’ll also study the practical implications of court rules.
If you wish to count this course towards the Cardiff University Bond Solon Family Expert Witness Certificate, please note that (if not already paid) an additional marking and accreditation fee will apply. Please call 020 7549 2549 for details.