Please note that this course is now being delivered virtually on a public basis and we can do the same with closed courses for individual organisations and their staff. Our virtual classrooms are easy to navigate with instant access to face-to-face real time learning. The technology includes group conversation, online polls, interactive white boards as well as break out room functionality. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 7549 2549 or email us at email@example.com
Key Learning Points
- Understanding the main contractual and statutory claims that an employee can make
- Interpreting the relevant express and implied terms and considering gross and serious misconduct
- How to conduct a reasonable and adequate employment investigation to avoid a successful unfair dismissal claim in both conduct and capability investigations
- Considering and evaluating discrimination claims
- Planning and carrying out an investigation in accordance with the Acas Code
Employment Investigations - overview
Failure to treat employees fairly and to carry out reasonable employment investigations may result in claims for wrongful dismissal, unfair dismissal or discrimination.
This practical, structured employment investigations course gives you a comprehensive understanding of how to carry out internal investigations in relation to both grievance and disciplinary processes. It will help you ensure your employment investigations are compliant with legislation and meet best practice in accordance with the Acas Code.
The training also ensures that evidence collected during an internal employment investigation will be admissible and reliable if it is needed in a criminal court.
The Employment Investigation training course can count towards the 8-day nationally recognised qualification - the Advanced Professional Certificate In Investigative Practice - or towards the 2-day Advanced Award in Employment Law and Investigations.
Due to VAT regulations, if you are booking outside the UK, please contact the office.