Please note that this course is delivered virtually on a public basis. We can also arrange closed courses (either in the classroom or virtual) for your organisation, if you have a group of colleagues who wish to attend training together. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 7549 2549 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Learning Points
- Dealing with in-depth cross-examination on a full report or statement
- Making full use of supporting documents, plans, photographs, etc.
- Getting to the essence of a complex case and communicating clearly with the judge
- Handling difficult cross-examination techniques confidently
Cross Examination Day - overview
The Cross-Examination Day is a follow-on course to the Courtroom Skills Training.
This intensive cross-examination training course helps you as an expert witness to refine and enhance your performance, and to gain mastery of your presentation. You’ll be cross-examined on one of your completed reports, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. The second cross-examination is recorded.
This course can count towards the Cardiff University Bond Solon Expert Witness Certificate. We would advise that if you are taking one of the Expert Witness Certificates that you attend the Cross Examination Day at least 1 month after the Courtroom Skills Training.
If you’re undertaking The Cardiff University Bond Solon Expert Witness Certificate, then this recording will be submitted for assessment. If not, you can keep your DVD.
The Digital Hub
Upon booking your place on one of our courses, you will be given exclusive access to the Bond Solon Digital Hub, which will provide you with the following benefits:
- Access and download all of the information you need for your course
- Receive web and email notifications reminding you of any pre-course work to complete prior to attending the course
- Access a range of news, insights and practical resources directly relevant to your expert witness work
- Be alerted to changes in law and procedure that directly affect your expert witness work
- Access updated materials for the courses you have already attended
- Important Information for Expert Witnesses with Forthcoming Hearings
If you have an upcoming case where you are being called to give evidence, and have been requested to undertake recognised training from your instructing party (law firm, insurance company or your in-house legal department) please call our office on 0207 549 2549 before booking. Expert Witnesses with upcoming cases will benefit more by attending our bespoke reactive Witness Familiarisation Service.
Due to VAT regulations, if you are booking outside the UK, please contact the office.