Please note that this course is now being delivered virtually on a public basis and we can do the same with closed courses for individual organisations and their staff. Our virtual classrooms are easy to navigate with instant access to face-to-face real time learning. The technology includes group conversation, online polls, interactive white boards as well as break out room functionality. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 7549 2549 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Learning Points
- How to include documentary, witness, interview and other evidence in letters and reports
- Identifying issues, facts and the source and weight of those facts and including them in the response
- Appropriate layout, format and style in letters and reports
- Setting out the findings and analysis for each point of the complaint in the letter and report
- How to write with clarity, objectivity and purpose
- Developing an objective and critical eye in relation to complaint
Responding to Complaints – Letter and Report Writing - Overview
Letters and reports produced during the course of a complaints investigation often fail to identify and deal with the core issues of the complaint, and also neglect to lay out a coherent and credible basis for the investigation’s findings and recommendations.
A good letter and any subsequent report will provide an invaluable tool for feeding back to both the complainant and the organisation. The report should provide sound recommendations of how to implement improvements to the risk assessment process and working practices of the organisation.
During this one-day course delegates will learn how to improve the content, structure and style of the letters and reports they produce through adopting best practice standards. By reference to a model letter and report formats and use of objective assessment criteria to assess their letter and reports delegates will perfect the quality of the written documentation they produce.
This course can count towards the nationally recognised Complaints Handling qualification - the Professional Award in Complaints Handling and Investigations.