- Identifying the issues and including facts that support these issues
- Identifying the source and weight of evidence
- Insulating written evidence against cross-examination
- Layout and formalities
- Use of exhibits/appendices/photos/plans/maps
- Using contemporaneous notes as the basis for the statements/reports
- Getting your message across
- Developing an objective and critical eye in relation to written evidence
Statement/Report Writing - overview
Written evidence is vital: good written evidence promotes early settlement of civil cases and success at trial in criminal cases.
On this hands-on Statement/Report Writing Course, you’ll learn how to improve the content, structure and style of your statements/reports.
Too often statements/reports lack clarity, credibility and objectivity. Delegates will consider best practice in writing effective statements or reports for use in civil claims or criminal cases.
The Statement/Report Writing training course can count towards the 8-day nationally recognised qualification the Advanced Professional Certificate In Investigative Practice.
Due to VAT regulations, if you are booking outside the UK, please contact the office.