Key Learning Points
- Preparing for a negotiation by identifying clear objectives and analysing issues, facts, opinions, strategy and style
- Developing a structure and strategy in negotiation, including the use of concessions, opening bids, resistance points and variables
- Refining listening, questioning and response skills
- Analysing your own and the other party’s strengths and weaknesses
- Formulating a binding written agreement and maintaining an ongoing relationship
Negotiation Skills - overview
Early and amicable resolution of disputes saves time and money. It also avoids the destructive impact of litigation, enforcement or prosecution.
This practical, hands-on negotiation-skills training course will enable you to negotiate effectively and understand the principles behind successful negotiation.
The Negotiation Skills training course can count towards the 8-day nationally recognised qualification - the Advanced Professional Certificate In Investigative Practice - or towards the 2-day Professional Award in Alternative Dispute Resolution, Negotiation and Mediation.
Please note: this Negotiation Skills course must be run as a 2-day course in conjunction with Mediation Skills if you’re undertaking a qualification.