Please note that this course is delivered virtually on a public basis. We can also arrange closed courses (either in the classroom or virtual) for your organisation, if you have a group of colleagues who wish to attend training together. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 7549 2549 or email us at email@example.com
Key Learning Points
- Gaining an overview of how the court system works
- Understanding your role as an independent educator of the court
- Identifying key skills of presenting effective evidence in-person or remotely
- Determining the techniques lawyers use in cross-examination and how to handle them, including how these may differ with virtual hearings
- Expressing an opinion based on the foundation of fact
- Learning how to give confident, clear testimony under cross-examination in-person or remotely
Courtroom skills - overview
The witness box is a lonely place. Many expert witnesses feel they’re on trial, standing in the dock rather than giving independent testimony to assist the court. Often, experts are unfamiliar with this environment, as few cases go to a full trial.
But a poor performance can undermine confidence and credibility.
Courtroom Skills is an intensive and highly practical training day. First, we examine the theory, practice and procedure of giving evidence, demystifying the process. Then, you’re cross-examined on a case study that you prepare in your field of expertise. A professional trainer, who’s an experienced lawyer, gives constructive feedback on your witness-box presentation.
As with all our courses, you’ll receive a comprehensive workbook and quick reference guide.
This course can count towards the Cardiff University Bond Solon Expert Witness Certificate.
The Digital Hub
Upon booking your place on one of our courses, you will be given exclusive access to the Bond Solon Digital Hub, which will provide you with the following benefits:
- Access and download all of the information you need for your course
- Receive web and email notifications reminding you of any pre-course work to complete prior to attending the course
- Access a range of news, insights and practical resources directly relevant to your expert witness work
- Be alerted to changes in law and procedure that directly affect your expert witness work
- Access updated materials for the courses you have already attended
- Important Information for Expert Witnesses with Forthcoming Hearings
Important Information for Expert Witnesses with a Forthcoming Hearing
If you have an upcoming case where you are being called to give evidence, please call our office on 0207 549 2549 before booking. Expert Witnesses with upcoming cases will benefit more by attending our bespoke reactive Witness Familiarisation Service.
Due to VAT regulations, if you are booking outside the UK, please contact the office.