Expert witnesses play a fundamental role within the judicial system by providing opinion evidence to assist courts in reaching decisions. As well as having the relevant qualifications and experience in your professional field, it’s now regarded as essential to undertake recognised Expert Witness Training.
If you act as a medical expert witness, please visit the overview for medical expert witnesses webpage
Recognised Expert Witness training
Bond Solon is the UK’s leading provider of expert witness training, CPD and Certification. We provide training covering the core areas of expert witness work.
Individual experts can attend our public courses (currently delivered virtually) or we can arrange closed courses (either virtually or face-to-face) if you have a group of colleagues who wish to attend training together.
In conjunction with Cardiff University and the University of Aberdeen we offer university certificated training for experts who act in civil, criminal and family law proceedings. Finally, we host an Annual Conference which is the largest gathering of expert witnesses in the UK.
Our expert witness training will enable you to:
- Comply with the relevant law and procedure that applies to your expert witness work
- Produce court-compliant reports and give effective oral evidence
- Conduct yourself appropriately in experts’ discussions and meetings
- Market your expert witness services more effectively
To view the full list of our courses please click here
Completion of the Cardiff University Bond Solon (CUBS) Expert Witness Certificates or the University of Aberdeen Bond Solon (UABS) Expert Witness Certificate will enable you to:
- Demonstrate to instructing parties that you are competent to perform the role of the expert witness
- Register for free on the National Register of University Certificated Expert Witnesses
- More effectively market your expert witness services
- Makes you eligible for discounted PI premiums for your expert witness work
Who should attend these courses?
Our courses, conferences and university certificated training programmes are suitable for all experts whether they have been acting as an expert witness for many years or are completely new to the role.
Upon booking your place on one of our courses, you will be given exclusive access to the Bond Solon Digital Hub, which will provide you with the following benefits:
Over 250,000 witnesses have attended our courses and in excess of 1,500 experts have completed or are in the process of completing the widely recognised Cardiff University Bond Solon (CUBS) Expert Witness Certificates.
- Access and download all of the information you need for your course
- Receive web and email notifications reminding you of any pre-course work to complete prior to attending the course
- Access a range of news, insights and practical resources directly relevant to your expert witness work
- Be alerted to changes in law and procedure that directly affect your expert witness work
- Access updated materials for the courses you have already attended
Filmed at the 2013 Cardiff University Bond Solon Expert Witness Certificate award ceremony in which Michael Mansfield QC presented experts with their certificates.