Related Sector: Expert Witness
Mark Solon, MD of Bond Solon interviews top barrister, Roger Mallalieu of 4 New Square, about expert witness fees. Questions include:
- What should an expert do if the solicitor simply refuses to pay.
- Can experts say no to accepting instructions?
- What can experts do if solicitors want to change the expert's terms and conditions?
- Can experts refuse to send the report to the solicitor or refuse to attend court unless they receive payment first?
- Can experts withhold a current expert report from a solicitor who owes money from a previous case?
- Can the expert claim payment if the matter settles on the steps of the court and the expert is turned away?
Roger Mallalieu spoke at the Bond Solon Expert Witness Conference on Friday 9 November 2012 Church House Conference Centre, Westminster. To book tickets for this year's conference, click here or call 020 7549 2549. This is the largest annual gathering of expert witnesses in the UK. It is an excellent opportunity to hear from high profile speakers and keep abreast of the current developments and key issues that are affecting expert witnesses.
Want more information? Please call us on...
020 7549 2549
If you require any help or would like to discuss how Bond Solon can assist you in your training needs, please call us on: +44 (0) 20 7549 2549