Being able to conduct sound, professional and ethical interviews of suspects and witnesses is paramount within investigations. Proving the offence is not the driving force; if the interview is to support a successful investigation, then the interview MUST be conducted in accordance with the relevant legislation and current case law.
This course is designed to equip investigators with the knowledge and skills to conduct interviews with suspects, victims, or witnesses in serious and complex investigations.
This course was formerly referred to as Tier 2 Interview Skills and is designed for investigators operating at PIP level 2.
Key Learning Points:
- Plan and deliver an interview strategy
- Understand the different categories of a witness and suspect
- How to build and maintain appropriate rapport
- Effective use of a variety of communication skills
- Conversation management
- Use of information analysis tools
- Demonstrate practical application
Delivered on an in-house basis