Being able to conduct sound, professional and ethical interviews of suspects and witnesses is paramount within investigations. Proving the offence is not the driving force; if the interview is to support a successful investigation, then the interview MUST be conducted in accordance with the relevant legislation and current case law.
This was formerly referred to as tier 1 interview training and is designed to allow investigators (operating at PIP1) to conduct interviews with suspects and witnesses for investigations into volume and priority crimes.
Key Learning Points:
- Understanding the different cautions
- Identify and probe the specific lines of enquiry
- How to use exhibits in an interview
- Dealing with contingencies in an interview
- How to conduct an interview with a suspect and a witness
- Evaluating interviews and post interview processes
Delivered on an in-house basis
Virtual Classroom or On-Site Delivery