Please note that this course is delivered virtually on a public basis. We can also arrange closed courses (either in the classroom or virtual) for your organisation, if you have a group of colleagues who wish to attend training together. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 7549 2549 or email us at email@example.com
Discussions between Experts - overview
Meetings and discussions between experts are increasingly being requested by the courts in an attempt to save court time, reduce legal costs and bring about a settlement between the parties.
These discussions between experts may feel more informal than the courtroom, but can be just as important to the outcome of the case.
This course will provide experts with a comprehensive overview of what these discussions entail, possible pitfalls and the implications if best practice is not followed. Experts will gain a thorough understanding of the court procedure rules governing discussions between experts and the court’s intention behind these discussions.
Role play exercises on the course will enable experts to apply this knowledge and practice the skills necessary to conduct effective discussions to best practice standards
Key Learning Points
- Understand the legal requirements and implications of discussions between experts
- Prepare for the discussion between experts
- Outline the agenda of the discussion between experts
- Gain an overview of the Statement of Agreement and Disagreement, and minutes of the meeting
- Be able to confidently respond to an instruction from the solicitor to avoid reaching agreement
- Work with an expert who is not complying with their duties to the court
The Digital Hub
Upon booking your place on one of our courses, you will be given exclusive access to the Bond Solon Digital Hub, which will provide you with the following benefits:
- Access and download all of the information you need for your course
- Receive web and email notifications reminding you of any pre-course work to complete prior to attending the course
- Access a range of news, insights and practical resources directly relevant to your expert witness work
- Be alerted to changes in law and procedure that directly affect your expert witness work
- Access updated materials for the courses you have already attended
- Important Information for Expert Witnesses with Forthcoming Hearings
Important Information for Expert Witnesses due to attend an Expert Meeting
If you due to attend an Expert Meeting, please call our office on 0207 549 2549 before booking. Expert Witnesses with upcoming cases will benefit more by attending our bespoke reactive Witness Familiarisation Service.
Due to VAT regulations, if you are booking outside the UK, please contact the office.