Please note that this course is now being delivered virtually. Our virtual classrooms are easy to navigate with instant access to face-to-face real time learning. The technology includes group conversation, online polls, interactive white boards as well as break out room functionality. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 7549 2549 or email us at email@example.com
This course is delivered by The Training Consultants, part of Bond Solon. The Training Consultants is one of the UK's most established suppliers of accredited intelligence training, spanning the whole spectrum of overt and covert activity.
This training is aimed at those people that may be required to perform the role of an applicant for completing applications for directed surveillance or those people that are responsible for quality assuring these applications prior to them being submitted to the authorizing officer for consideration.
Key Learning Points:
- What constitutes directed surveillance and when is an application required?
- What are the roles of the key people, including the Applicant, Gatekeeper (RIPA Monitoring Officer) and Authorising Officer?
- How to complete and quality assure an application.
- What comments should the Gatekeeper (RIPA Monitoring Officer) actually make to the Authorising Officer regarding an application.
- What are the current safeguards for material obtained via surveillance?
- What constitutes an ‘error’ and a ‘serious error’ and how these can be avoided.