Covert activity can provide excellent results in the form of evidence or intelligence. However, it is important that those undertaking the activity or those managing the covert aspects of any investigation do so to best practice standards.
Our courses are delivered by subject matter experts who have all worked operationally in their respective fields and are qualified trainers.
This course is aimed specifically at local authority staff that are required to manage people who meet the statutory definition of a Covert Human Intelligence Source (CHIS).
Key Learning Points:
- What is a Covert Human Intelligence Source (CHIS)?
- Different types of CHIS
- CHIS in a local authority setting
- What is the duty of care and how does this apply?
- How to complete a CHIS risk assessment
- How to complete an application for a CHIS
- The roles of the CHIS, Handler and Controller
- CHIS motives & motivation.
Delivered on an in-house basis
Virtual Classroom or On-Site Delivery